BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

No Regrets!

So far I've had a good day following Body for Life. My energy has been good and my emotions have felt tons more balanced. I exercised using the High Point Technique for 20 minutes. I ate 5 meals so far. Here's what I ate. I want to have a record so I can remember what worked well. I ate oatmeal and scrambled eggs first this morning, later I had a Bocca burger on Sour Dough Bread with low-fat mayo, then I had 1/4 c. of pistaccios and one small grapefruit., Later I had some chicken, brown-rice, and broccoli, I had the same thing a couple of hours later when I got hungry again. Portion sizes are about the size of my fist for each thing---carbs and proteins. Later, I'll eat trout, brown-rice, and broccoli. I'll go to bed early so I can get up early tomorrow. Tomorrow is my weight-lifting day.

I've cried three times today as I've thought about my brothers' lives ending too soon. I have so many regrets. We got along, but I wish so badly that I would have expressed my love more and that I would have done more to let them know I cared. You would think I would have learned this lesson after my first brother died 6 years ago. To some extent I did, but there was a part of me that wanted to protect my heart from hurt. I'm here to say that it isn't possible. My brother who just died in December had so many health problems and I worried about him dying. I thought that I had prepared myself for it and I can see now that I distanced myself. Nothing prepared me for it to happen though! I wish so badly I had just loved more and worried less. I hope someone can learn from my mistakes. You don't want to live with the regrets of missed opportunities. All I can do now is live my life in such a way that I'm available to fully love others and to fulfill my life's purpose. I've had poor health for years and that has prevented me from doing many things that I would like to do. I KNOW that nutrition and exercise will allow me to over-come these problems. I've had brief times where I've experienced it for myself, but I've always given up on caring for myself long-term. Now I see how important it is!

0 comments: