BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 23, 2009

Hope and Balence (Day Three)

I'm going to be blogging a lot. It's therapeutic for me. I have no idea if anyone else will ever read my blog. I guess at some point I'll tell people about it. I'll commit to get through this first month and then I'll tell people to keep up the momentum for the final two months. I have to be careful because of my perfectionist nature. While I'm doing this, it's so important that I do my best and also stay loving and kind to myself. This IS NOT about me trying to achieve perfection and then beating myself up if I can't! That was the way of the past. This is about HOPE. Hope to move forward. Hope to make my life what it's meant to be. Hope that I can make a positive difference in people's lives. Hope that I can be a healthy role-model for my kids and for my nieces and nephews. Hope that I will be honoring my brothers by conquering my addiction to sugar and my unhealthy coping skills. It's also about BALANCE. This is not my whole life. I'm a wife and a mother. I have daily activities and goals that are separate from this, but this will enhance my abilities to fulfill those things. Faith is also a big part of my journey. I'm praying like I haven't for a long time. I'm studying God's word and I'm turning my life over to Him the best that I can. I trust that He wants what's best for me. I will be used as He sees fit. This time the Body for Life Plan is about me noticing how I FEEL more than how I LOOK. I can do what I can do, and how I end up looking is not up to me. My body will lose fat and build muscle to the best of it's ability and according to it's schedule. That's okay. I'm living a healthy life-style along the way. I'm grateful for this gift of Hope and I'm looking forward to learning Balance.

0 comments: