BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Reasons for Choosing Body for Life

I've been thinking about why I've chosen to do Body for Life. I've been on other programs and I feel like this one is the most transformational, which is what I'm looking for. I don't just want to become skinny, I want to become STRONG. That is so important to me. For my emotional state and for my long-term health, I feel that Body for Life is the best out there. It's not about becoming starved skinny so that I can "look" good. I've been down that road before and I hate the emotional roller-coaster it puts me on, not to mention that it doesn't last, and it's harmful to my body. Body for Life is about building muscle, nourishing my body, building strength, confidence, and achieving more than I thought I could. I could go on and on. This is the program I want my kids to use to be healthy (with modifications for the weight lifting based on their ages, of course.). That says a lot. So many kids will end up with eating disorders and poor body image and self-esteem. I'm going to be here to say, "Hey, take care of yourself. You're worth it. Become strong. Become healthy. Become YOUR best self by eating plenty of wholesome food, exercising, and achieving goals." What could be a better way?

0 comments: